TLC Family Resource Center Family Support Specialist/ Home Visitor Job Description
Family Support Specialist /Home Visitor
The mission of TLC Family Resource Center is to promote the optimal health and development of New Hampshire children and families, specifically those living in Sullivan County. In order to accomplish our mission, TLC employs staff who help to strengthen and support families. The role of the Family Support Specialist is to help families develop healthy attachment, create positive adult/child relationships, and achieve economic, physical, social, and emotional security.
- Establish professional relationship with referred families.
- Conduct visits, in person and remotely, to provide program specific resources designed to strengthen families.
- Help families identify their strengths and areas of concern.
- Help families set goals and action steps.
- Provide case management & connect families to community resources.
- Complete required electronic documentation and program specific forms thoroughly, accurately and on time.
- Participate in required internal meetings and represent TLC at community meetings as assigned.
- Participate in supervision and self-evaluation.
- Participate in required program specific trainings and approved professional development.
- Accurately report time worked using TimeWorksPlus
- Meet productivity goals (% of direct service hours per FTE).
Essential Traits: Effective Family Support Specialists are reflective, caring, non-judgmental people who want to have a positive impact. They are able to work independently while being a team member, know when to ask for help, embrace feedback, and have a passion for learning and technology. Other essential traits include a good sense of humor, solid organizational skills, effective communication skills and the ability to roll with change.
Reports to the Family Support Services Team Manager
Parent Educator June 2020
Email resume and cover letter to: Diane@tlcfamilyrc.org